Become a Supporter
1 in 3 children will see their parents split up before they reach their 16th birthday.
It is almost always an intensely stressful and painful experience.
Some children recover, others continue to suffer from a range of emotional and mental health challenges including low self-esteem, anxiety, anger and depression.
With the strong support of over 340 family law professionals, we campaign and advocate for the interests of these children and young people, have established a campaign website and produced online resources to provide them with the support and voice they need.
Our project is at a crucial stage. We need regular givers now to develop and launch a substantial online support system, including appropriate content for young people on divorce & separation, a referral directory and moderated support forum. Our aim is to build and deliver our comprehensive online programme of support to 120,000 13-19 year olds each year.
Forum Discussion Boards with expert youth workers, mediators and counsellors for young people to express their views and feelings.
My Voice Mobile App for young people to share their story and gain support from local services aimed at them.
We have started developing this online space and you can view the latest project update here (opens in new tab)
Your support will also enable us to continue our national campaign to ensure the voices of young people and children are heard. In addition, we are creating resources for parents and professionals on how to support those in the middle, in appropriate and effective ways.
- £5 per month could enable us to reach 50 young people each month with age appropriate and accessible online content, ensuring they have a voice and are supported when they need it most.
- £10 per month could pay for a trained and experienced youth professional to support 20 young people in the middle of divorce & separation through our support forum.
- £25 per month could enable a young person to receive one-to-one support for their emotional and mental health challenges from a trained and experienced youth counsellor.
Support our work today
Choose to give either a monthly or annual amount to keep our support networking going.
- Give Monthly
- Give Annually
- Or choose monthly amount
- Or choose annual amount
In 2015, the Ministry of Justice setup the Voice of the Child Task Force which concluded the need for “an authoratative website and online tools developed in collaboration with young people… for all children and young people at all stages of their parental separation journey”.
We have been building our campaign and support to answer this call!
67% children say they should have a voice, 19% said they do
So far, we have:
- Set up a Young People’s Steering Group, who are at the heart of co-creating our campaign, digital service and resources.
- Gained the support of over 300 family lawyers, mediators and barristers including partnerships with some of the biggest law firms in the UK
- Reached over 15,800 children and young people through our website and enabled many of them to share their stories – this is the first time many of them have ever been asked and is of great value to others.
- Spoken at events and conferences including at the WHY Festival in October 2016 about what it is like not to be listened to. Then we asked a poet to put their feelings into a poem, When you Shouted